History and Activities
Sutton Coldfield Rifle & Pistol Club was formed in 1944, from the Sutton Coldfield ‘C’ Company Home Guard Rifle Club. The Club moved to its current purpose-built range in 1979.
We incorporated pistol shooting in the ’80’s and added Sport Rifle and Bencherest Rifle in the 00’s and 10’s.
- A former member was selected for Great Britain at the 1980 Olympics, but for political reasons, Britain did not send a shooting team.
- One of our members won a silver medal at the Seoul Paralympics, 1988, and was the British Men’s Air Rifle Champion and held a World Record.
- In 1996 we came first in the National Roll of Marksmen and have never been lower than 7th since first entering the competition.
- In 1999 our 20 yd pistol team was the best in the country, winning div 1 of the National League.
- We are a British Shooting Disability Hub Club
- Regularly represent Warwickshire and Staffordshire in the inter-county leagues.
- Captain teams and run competitions for our county, Warwickshire.
- Coach and shoot for the West Midlands Regional Target Shooting Squad.
- Run regular sessions for Midland Mencap.
- Coach and officiate for West Midlands Pentathlon and PentathlonGB.
- Are members of the Warwickshire Assn committee.
Morning Afternoon Evening (1900-2200)
Mon Prone rifle 25yd+ (Alt weeks 1100-1300, see board) Prone rifle 25yd
Tue Booked Pistol, Sport, & BR Rifle 20yd
Wed Prone rifle 25yd Alt weeks (see board)
Thu Booked Pistol, Sport, & BR Rifle 20yd
Fri Booked Mid Mencap 10m 1700-1800 Inclusive session. (2nd & 4th in month) Air Pistol & Rifle10m (From 1800)
Sat Sun 10m Pistol & Rifle Coaching (Last in the month, 0930-1130) Pistol & Rifle 10m & 20yd (1st in the month, 1300-1700)